New Member, looking for CJ--advice appreciated - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New Member, looking for CJ--advice appreciated

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #16
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Hmmm, yes not much of a salesman to say the least. I'm from around the area where this owners resides and seems to have a chip on his shoulder maybe because he has to move to the left coast!

OP was just asking questions that any sane CJ owner would give living in this area because WE all know how some owner's like to deceive a potential buyer into a quick sale of a possible rusted out and hacked to death Jeep CJ.

Don't like the opinions here, move on or post truthful answer to questions on both the forum and eBay. It's every readers right to express their opinion whether you like it or not.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #17
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95XJ-PA View Post
Noticed you looked at a fiberglass trailer article though....
Yep, and I decided to stick with steel.

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers (well, maybe just a little), but telling people their opinions are flippant and uninformed is no way to sell a Jeep.

We've all got more invested in our CJs than we will ever re-coup. That's just the nature of fixing up these old heaps. I think you'd do well to get $5K for your CJ.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
mirage100
1976 CJ7 

mirage100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

So just because you're not a site supporter you have no say in anything? If buying a membership to support the site opens up a wealth of knowledge, sign me up for a life time membership. Don't really get your point with that comment.
It seems to me that some tail feathers were ruffled with members giving their honest opinion of an item with very vague information and pictures. If you're looking to sell anything in life, be prepared with pictures, break down of everything (parts, problems, etc). Also be prepared for the critics out there because you will get picked apart.
Anyways, enough of my rambling. Gotta get some work done.

P.S. Personal opinion here--- fiberglass is whack!!!!!
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #20
acgcoug
1979 CJ5 

I have an E-bay store and make the best effort to include detailed pictures and descriptions about every item that I sell on E-bay. You excluded quite a bit of information on the condition of the jeep and the listing lacked pictures of critical areas that a potential buyer should be able to see to make an informative purchase/bid. This is a jeep that is worth thousands of dollars, not some hot wheels car. I merely suggested that the potential buyer request more info and pics (both lacking in the listing) and if he was not able to get that information then he should pass on the jeep. Wouldn't that makes sense to you if you are looking to spend $5000 dollars on something sight unseen?

A picture is worth a thousand words. People trust pics more than what people say.
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #21
row684
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm
Pass. Fiberglass body loses points for me, especially at that price. Find one out west and haul it back, you'll be better off.
No steel, no deal. I grew up in NH so I've felt with my fair share of rusty CJ's and I still won't buy another glass Jeep. Look out west, generally much better condition and you can have it shipped for around a $1000. I can get you the number of the guy that shipped mine from UT. if you can't find a better deal.
row684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #22
HeathFinnie
1976 CJ5 

And personally if I was going to sell something for 5k I would drive the 30 minutes to take pictures of it. It's not like its states away. I read nothing flippant or rude, just people opinions on the sale. As a forum member yourself I would think that asking questions like that on a CJ would be a given and responsible move..
HeathFinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

OP, I would never spend $5000 on a ebay vehicle site unseen. Find something on craigslist where you can actually kick the tires before you buy it and something that the seller is willing to send you pictures of every corner you want to see. There is a lot of crap out there and a lot of sellers who intentionally try to deceive you with lack of pictures or pictures that dont tell the whole story. What is one mans "good condition" might you "poor condition."

EDIT : Not saying that this seller is like that, but if $5k is on the line I would assume that all sellers are and actually check things out yourself.
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #24
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

95 - we would've given you the same advice had you asked before you bought it last summer. It's not like it's anything personal, these forums always bring out the critical side of its members. Wouldn't you have welcomed the same advice before you purchased?
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.