New to me 81 CJ7 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New to me 81 CJ7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #46
czuess
1981 CJ7 

Well I got to work on it most all day and had the pleasure of starting her for the first time. Have some bugs to work out of her before I can get it out of the garage and down to get exhaust put on. It is loud without exhaust. I need to adjust the brake booster rod. The pedal goes to the floor after the engine is running.

czuess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #47
czuess
1981 CJ7 

Worked on it some this weekend. It was the first time I got her out of the garage. Welded up the roll cage, painted it and installed it. Put the hood on. I need to make an appointment to have exhaust put under it, and the dreaded ordering of new tires.
jeep-outside.jpg  
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #48
czuess
1981 CJ7 

I took the Jeep in and had exhaust put on it. The tires I ordered also came in today now just need to have them mounted up.
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #49
czuess
1981 CJ7 

I got the tires mounted. I also blasted and painted the wheels. The jeep should be going in for a front end alignment this week and when the shocks show up it will be time to take her out on her maiden voyage. I hope to finish up the rear bumper and tire carrier this week too.
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #50
czuess
1981 CJ7 

today in the sun after i put the new tires on.
outsid.jpg  
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #51
BadHabit80cj7
1980 CJ7 

Nice work
BadHabit80cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #52
czuess
1981 CJ7 

I put the shocks under her last night. Does not drive to bad. I definitely need to put a sway bar under her. I had a vacuum leak and come to find out it was at the carb to manifold spacer. Went and got a new spacer and the vacuum leak is fixed. I have a short list to get done this weekend, finish rear bumper and tire carrier, paint axels, and take the family out for there first ride in her. Here is a picture of the tire carrier almost done.
carrier.jpg  
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #53
czuess
1981 CJ7 

Took the family out for the first real drive of the jeep. I would post a picture but I can't resize them to load. YJ springs ride so much better than stock CJ springs.
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #54
czuess
1981 CJ7 

My dad and grandpa came over for a visit and I got to take them for a jeep ride to the beach. It was the first time they got to see the jeep since I got it put together. My grandpa is 95 and he is pretty sure he has not been in a jeep since WWII. It was a lot of fun and I am glad I could put a smile on his face. I can only hope I will be able to take him out in it again.
grandpa-beach.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.