Sorry this is my first post and I have had the jeep for 9 months. When I picked it up it had a SBC, SR4, D300. I have striped it down and replace all rotten metal in the frame and tub. Made new mounts for the new SBC, sm465, 205 twin sticked, ford 9" rear with 4.56 and grizzly locker, waggy D44 with 4.56 and spartan locker. Outboarded front springs and went with 5" BDS for a yj. I plan on running 35"s but might run 36" or 37"s just have to see what will look the best went it is all together. I am hoping to get it painted by mid december but we'll see how much time I get.
the day I got her.]ATTACH]509038[/ATTACH]
first day of tear down.
frame ready to paint.
started fixing the frame.
replacing floor pan.
outboard spring mounts
body mount. I found washers the right size to fix the mount hole.ATTACH]509044[/ATTACH]
The corners are Smittybilt XRC's. I got them for $200 with free shipping. I just welded up some of the bolt holes and filled in the cutouts for were they went around the tire carrier. I cut the holes for the LED tail lights.
I did it myself. At first I sprayed the first coat of black on the in the tub and found I did not like the way it was laying down. On the the second coat I rolled it on and it looks good. I rolled the green on and I like the texture of it. It is pretty smooth. If you use Monstaliner it goes on well, just take your time and get a good respirator.
Got the frame pushed into the garage. Getting it ready to put the body back on. Only need to run new fuel line and new brake lines. Hope to get the tub on this weekend. I took a few pics of the spring hangers I made. After it is most of the way back together I will clean up the shackles I made. I might have to shorten them.