New MC2100 Question. Swapping Venturi Sizes ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New MC2100 Question. Swapping Venturi Sizes ?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Oily
1985 CJ7 

New MC2100 Question. Swapping Venturi Sizes ?

Can it be done ? I have a .08 carb which is for a standard tranny. I have a .21 for an automatic. Is the venturi that removable piece or the body housing it bolts into ?

Oily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

There is a venturi cluster (I think thats what it is called), but the venturi size is determined by the size of the barrel in the carb body....it's not something that can be swapped out.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
wm69

Can't just swap venturis. You should be able to rig up kickdown linkage on the 1.08 to use it on an automatic though.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Thanks.
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Another new thought I have not seen posted.
I was going to get a rebuilt MC2100 from National Carburators for $159.00 with a lifetime warranty. The tech told me he had another which they made for a CJ which does not need the adapter plate and which allows the stock air filter to be used. I think he said it had slightly more cfm flow than the 2100.
Has anyone used this carburator shop ? What is the ideal cfm's of flow we want (4.2 straight six) ?
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Well, I got the carb that they say they made for us CJ Jeepers. $219.00, lifetime warranty, no adapter plate needed, stock throttle linkage will work, and the factory air cleaner bolts right on. It is supposed to look like the MC2100.
They flow test every carburator and pre-tune it to the customer's engine. It is supposed to be bolt on and drive.
Mine might ship Wednesday. If not, due to a long holiday weekend, it will ship next Monday.
I would have thought some on this forum might have used these guys. They say they do a lot of business with us CJ'ers and is why they made this carb. Of course, I will let you know how it does.
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

So what kind of carb is it? Carter? Rochester?

Given all the usual suspects that come up in carb threads I've never heard of this "jeep carb" in the years I've been on this forum......Not to say it won't work, but I'm curious
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oily View Post
Well, I got the carb that they say they made for us CJ Jeepers. $219.00, lifetime warranty, no adapter plate needed, stock throttle linkage will work, and the factory air cleaner bolts right on. It is supposed to look like the MC2100.
They flow test every carburator and pre-tune it to the customer's engine. It is supposed to be bolt on and drive.
Mine might ship Wednesday. If not, due to a long holiday weekend, it will ship next Monday.
I would have thought some on this forum might have used these guys. They say they do a lot of business with us CJ'ers and is why they made this carb. Of course, I will let you know how it does.
Tag for pics and update.

You ARE going to post pics, right?

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
So what kind of carb is it? Carter? Rochester?
Given all the usual suspects that come up in carb threads I've never heard of this "jeep carb" in the years I've been on this forum......Not to say it won't work, but I'm curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
Tag for pics and update.
You ARE going to post pics, right?
I called to see what kind of carb it was. I ordered just before the week of the forth of July and the tech guy had a weeks vacation planned, was not there. The undertech said it was a 2100 but it can't be. I would bet it takes a 2100 rebuild kit. It was guessed it would be ready by Monday (two days ago).
I will let you guys know.
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Miscommunication.
There is no MC2100 look-a-like carb for the CJ which bolts to the stock manifold, uses the stock air cleaner, and also the stock linkage.
From the tech, to the salesman, and my questions to both that they both didn't hear, I was mistaken.
I still recommend National Carburators. I got a damn good lifetime warrantied carb for $159.00. Pretty too. Some kind of tumble polish finish.
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

What does lifetime warranty mean?
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86cj74.2L
What does lifetime warranty mean?
Means if it stops working send it back and they rebuild it as long as it has not been opened by the owner. They applied different colored dabs of caulking on various screw heads so they can tell if its been opened.

Great company. They will let you open it up to try to fix something without voiding the warranty if you talk to them first and they feel you have a good grasp on what ur doing.

They do not warrant physical damage.

The 2100 is a easy rebuild but for the price these guys are worth it. The clean it up and clear coat it better than the average guy can. The parts go through a tumbler to polish them, the check and fix the butterfly shaft if it has to much play, and physically test it on an engine. Some they only flow test, but the 2100's & 2150's the run.

They also have the contracts to rebuild for Advanced, Napa, and some others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.