JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   New MC2100 Question. Swapping Venturi Sizes ? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/new-mc2100-question-swapping-venturi-sizes-1542036/)

Oily 06-27-2013 12:15 PM

New MC2100 Question. Swapping Venturi Sizes ?

Can it be done ? I have a .08 carb which is for a standard tranny. I have a .21 for an automatic. Is the venturi that removable piece or the body housing it bolts into ?

jeepwhore 06-27-2013 12:23 PM

There is a venturi cluster (I think thats what it is called), but the venturi size is determined by the size of the barrel in the carb body....it's not something that can be swapped out.

wm69 06-27-2013 03:05 PM

Can't just swap venturis. You should be able to rig up kickdown linkage on the 1.08 to use it on an automatic though.

Oily 06-27-2013 10:20 PM

Thanks.

Oily 06-30-2013 09:51 AM

Another new thought I have not seen posted.
I was going to get a rebuilt MC2100 from National Carburators for $159.00 with a lifetime warranty. The tech told me he had another which they made for a CJ which does not need the adapter plate and which allows the stock air filter to be used. I think he said it had slightly more cfm flow than the 2100.
Has anyone used this carburator shop ? What is the ideal cfm's of flow we want (4.2 straight six) ?

Oily 07-01-2013 10:04 AM

Well, I got the carb that they say they made for us CJ Jeepers. $219.00, lifetime warranty, no adapter plate needed, stock throttle linkage will work, and the factory air cleaner bolts right on. It is supposed to look like the MC2100.
They flow test every carburator and pre-tune it to the customer's engine. It is supposed to be bolt on and drive.
Mine might ship Wednesday. If not, due to a long holiday weekend, it will ship next Monday.
I would have thought some on this forum might have used these guys. They say they do a lot of business with us CJ'ers and is why they made this carb. Of course, I will let you know how it does. :cheers2:

jeepwhore 07-01-2013 10:13 AM

So what kind of carb is it? Carter? Rochester?

Given all the usual suspects that come up in carb threads I've never heard of this "jeep carb" in the years I've been on this forum......Not to say it won't work, but I'm curious :D

wm69 07-01-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oily (Post 15627836)
Well, I got the carb that they say they made for us CJ Jeepers. $219.00, lifetime warranty, no adapter plate needed, stock throttle linkage will work, and the factory air cleaner bolts right on. It is supposed to look like the MC2100.
They flow test every carburator and pre-tune it to the customer's engine. It is supposed to be bolt on and drive.
Mine might ship Wednesday. If not, due to a long holiday weekend, it will ship next Monday.
I would have thought some on this forum might have used these guys. They say they do a lot of business with us CJ'ers and is why they made this carb. Of course, I will let you know how it does. :cheers2:

Tag for pics and update.

You ARE going to post pics, right?:2thumbsup:

Oily 07-10-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepwhore (Post 15627871)
So what kind of carb is it? Carter? Rochester?
Given all the usual suspects that come up in carb threads I've never heard of this "jeep carb" in the years I've been on this forum......Not to say it won't work, but I'm curious :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by wm69 (Post 15628095)
Tag for pics and update.
You ARE going to post pics, right?:2thumbsup:

I called to see what kind of carb it was. I ordered just before the week of the forth of July and the tech guy had a weeks vacation planned, was not there. The undertech said it was a 2100 but it can't be. I would bet it takes a 2100 rebuild kit. It was guessed it would be ready by Monday (two days ago).
I will let you guys know.
:thumbsup:

Oily 07-31-2013 09:58 AM

Miscommunication.
There is no MC2100 look-a-like carb for the CJ which bolts to the stock manifold, uses the stock air cleaner, and also the stock linkage.
From the tech, to the salesman, and my questions to both that they both didn't hear, I was mistaken.
I still recommend National Carburators. I got a damn good lifetime warrantied carb for $159.00. Pretty too. Some kind of tumble polish finish.

86cj74.2L 07-31-2013 01:15 PM

What does lifetime warranty mean?

MoC 07-31-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86cj74.2L
What does lifetime warranty mean?

Means if it stops working send it back and they rebuild it as long as it has not been opened by the owner. They applied different colored dabs of caulking on various screw heads so they can tell if its been opened.

Great company. They will let you open it up to try to fix something without voiding the warranty if you talk to them first and they feel you have a good grasp on what ur doing.

They do not warrant physical damage.

The 2100 is a easy rebuild but for the price these guys are worth it. The clean it up and clear coat it better than the average guy can. The parts go through a tumbler to polish them, the check and fix the butterfly shaft if it has to much play, and physically test it on an engine. Some they only flow test, but the 2100's & 2150's the run.

They also have the contracts to rebuild for Advanced, Napa, and some others.

The time now is 07:43 PM.