New light mounts issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New light mounts issue

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

New KC windshield hinge mounts, now I cannot use my mirror.

I probably should have thought this through a little more. Anyone have experience fixing this issues. What would be the beat mount to keep the lights but move the mirror. I do take my doors off all summer, so the mirror would have to be mounted to the windshield somewhere.

image-616139537.jpg  
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Get the back of the light chromed?

TJ door mirrors mounted in CJ door hinge? Seen something like that someplace.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

Surprisingly it took Yahoo answers

Yes there is. They are different so you can see out of the passenger side easier (or so they claim)
To use the passenger side mirror, you look through the windshield. They do not work very well. You can get another driver side mirror, disassemble it and put the mirror on the other side of the bracket and bolt it on.
Source(s):
20 year mechanic
I own a few CJ's
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

It's difficult to use that mirror even with no light there! I have my lights mounted up higher, but not for that reason.
Renegade82 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

make two windshield brackets for your lights, they mount up about 8" down from the top, or you can adjust to your liking.. the wiring goes down the window chanel, through the hold in the dash under the windshield when you lower you window.. making these, just cut the V out and bend so it goes up your windshield at the right angle, the next middle piece slants downward a little and the front lip for the light slants more.. these are what we used in the 70's to mount our Cibie running lights.. always put your fog lights down low, like the bumper... I'll add some pics of my older jeeps with the lights on them (or view in my profile pics).. have to get them off my laptop..
file.jpg  
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
make two windshield brackets for your lights, they mount up about 8" down from the top, or you can adjust to your liking.. the wiring goes down the window chanel, through the hold in the dash under the windshield when you lower you window.. making these, just cut the V out and bend so it goes up your windshield at the right angle, the next middle piece slants downward a little and the front lip for the light slants more.. these are what we used in the 70's to mount our Cibie running lights.. always put your fog lights down low, like the bumper... I'll add some pics of my older jeeps with the lights on them (or view in my profile pics).. have to get them off my laptop..
I like the drawings, and would love to see more pictures.
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

I'll be making a set very shortly for my '84 CJ-7.. just got back to WA, and need to get organized again.. these are old photos that I scanned, if I can find better shots in my album, showing the actual mounts, I'll post, otherwise when I build this next set I'll take pic's along with degree angles and measurements.. they are simple to build..
75-jeep-1-2.jpg   78-cj5-1-2.jpg   78-cj5-2-2.jpg   75-jeep-22.jpg  
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Cibie lights and Tru-tracs....... brings back memories.
Renegade82 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
Cibie lights and Tru-tracs....... brings back memories.
those were the days for sure.. Gabriel Hi-Jackers, Burbank suspensions (with Teflon sheets), REAL roll cages, and a good ol CB was more important than a mega watt stereo system!... oh, a cow bell hanging under the front bumper.. had to have that cow bell..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.