New lifters ticking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New lifters ticking

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Squatch
1976 CJ5 

New lifters ticking

I had 2 ground down lobes and lifters, so i replaced the cam and lifters in my 76 cj5 258. after i got done replacing them i ran the jeep for 10-15 minutes at about 1500 rpm and the lifters were ticking real bad, i reved it up for a little bit and still was ticking. it sounds like their not pumping up. i didnt pre prime the lifters. i ran it a little more and they are still goin at it. how long should it take for them to pump up? i lubed everything with lucas assembly lube, and used an stp oil treatment with a zinc additive in the new oil. i have good oil pressure and everything, i dont know whats wrong with it. any ideas?

Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.