Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

new jeeper

840 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AggieCJ 
#1 ·
hi i am a new jeeper, been doing some muddin in my chevy k-5 lifted but always wanted an older willies for hunting and a older cj for jeepin. well i finally picked one up, was wondering if i got a good deal, its a 1967 cj5 has lift and 2in body lift, amc 304 with newer electronic ign. and bunch of other upgrades like tilt steering and grant wheel, he says lockers front and back,some numbers on gear ratial stuff lol like i know what hes talking about . has a dial deal on carb with some numbers for feul / air mix or something set at like three , says for higher altitude,decent street tires and rims, motor runs good and no smog, was tagged, no top or doors or back seat, no rust anywhere, all primmered ready for paint, box of the chrome kit, mirrors and hinges and ect. t-18 with dana 20, has the adapter between the two, brand new carb, motorcraft from like kraigens or somehere, runs real good and fast, i paid $2800, supposed to pick up few other things like a couple hoods and a rear end that has some kind of hubs on them for towing or something.like on the front for freeeing or something, but havent got the stuff yet, oh well its really nice looking, my cousin owns a maco in bakersfield, and i can find few things like wench and new rims and tires and top so on, but hoping this was decent deal, ive destroyed the pressure plate, clutch fork, throw out bearing and springs and all right through the bellhousing, and its shattered lol. anyways im the type that if i see someone back out i want in lol, so i tend to tear things up, famous around my parts for destroying a vehichle like no other, ill learn though lol. anyways im a new member from bakersfield and moved to a place some of you jeepers may know, lake isabella ca, and across the street they have a place called keyesville, where all sorts of trail comps are held from mountain bikes to jeeps, good jeepin, its what got me blood pumpin lol. so if ya in the neighborhood and want to check out the area give me an email ill show ya some trails lol. keep up if ya can, lol. also good hunting and fishing and gold prospecting there too, which i proudly do all. anything outdoors is my alley, but i got this jeep and my blood pumps, its real wierd, i love it. anyways new member to jeep club here and found my bellhousing first try in your classified ads. ty and will read ever post for knowledge, entertainment, thank you all for making these forums possible to the newbies, but i promise i will be heard of, by some of ya sooner or later, it might just be some nut in a tree , but it will be my jeep and me!

p.s. ill post some pics soon and as i go jeepin ill take some too, working on it right now but will be up and runnin soon.

ty john

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to the world of CJ's.

You will find a lot of people here who are willing to help you. The bad thing is the search function is down so that hurts. However, googling is a good idea. It may bring up an old link here. I've done that several times as well. Also, you can check out earlycj5.com for some good information and people who deal in 67 CJ's and if you need parts try jeep-classifieds.com beside the sale area here.

JP magazine is a good investment and their on site info is pretty informative as well.

You only have to remember what Jeep means.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.