New guy here and i have a 54 WILLYS CJ3B - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New guy here and i have a 54 WILLYS CJ3B

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
54willysjeep
1954 CJ3B 

New guy here and i have a 54 WILLYS CJ3B

Hello everyone,

i have a 54 WILLYS jeep that i have been working on for the last 2 years and i have had to do extensive work to it. replace body and restore everything else on to the best of my abilities. tight budget you know. but i do what i can to when i can buy stuff for it. project is moving along nicely though.

used to look like this

looks like this still a long way to go.
[IMG][/IMG]

54willysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
timgr
1975 CJ6 

Very cool - 3Bs are great Jeeps.

Where in Santa Ana? I grew up in Orange, near Chapman and Yorba.
1) '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps. 2) '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, KOs, 7600 GVWR 3) '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top 4) '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
54willysjeep
1954 CJ3B 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgr View Post
Very cool - 3Bs are great Jeeps.

Where in Santa Ana? I grew up in Orange, near Chapman and Yorba.
Harbor and Mcfaden area.

my latest thing to add to it is the alternator of course a newer one having trouble with the mount that came with it.
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Uncledale
1966 CJ5 

Green is good, well done on the body clean and finish paint. 3b's are rare up here. only one guy has a 3b in a club of two hundred Jeeps that I belong to
Uncledale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
54willysjeep
1954 CJ3B 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncledale View Post
Green is good, well done on the body clean and finish paint. 3b's are rare up here. only one guy has a 3b in a club of two hundred Jeeps that I belong to
yes it is a good color. I know it's not the original color for it. but I like the Olive Drab look. I may camo it but not sure at this time. I want to get it running. but there is so much to do to it.
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
54willysjeep
1954 CJ3B 

just an update since I have not really posted in a while I have been working on the jeep quite a bit.

since then I have wired the jeep up to start without the foot switch which I didn't want to use.

rebuilt the carb.

new exhaust system

installed the gas tank and no leaks. I believe this is the orginal.

bled the brakes and only had one rubber hose has a small leak (new one on the way)

inspected the brakes, drums and wheel cylinders they look brand new aside from some dirt and spider webs.

installed a new distributer one with no points new plugs wires and new plugs.

I also drove the Jeep around my neighborhood yesterday and it runs great. engine is purring like a kitten.

still lots to do but I now can drive it out to my garage instead of pushing it.

probably a few more things I did but can't remember.
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
54willysjeep
1954 CJ3B 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.