New Guy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New Guy

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
SevenBars

New Guy

Hi all! My first day & first post. Just aquired '82 CJ-7, 258, 5 speed? (there only seem to be 3speeds) 68k on the clock (lies, all lies) in generally good condition considering the year. I DOES have a Clifford Research intake manifold w/ a proper carb (holley), 4 a header. I runs great but the tranny may be a known issue here and the brakes 'll scare ya to death if your not ready. Can any body tell me what's the best lift & how big a tire can go on. This is a real project but i THINK IT WILL BE WORTH IT! Love that big speedo in the middle of the dash. I'm looking forward to getting some info from the members here and cotributing some too as time goes on. Thanks!

SevenBars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2002, 12:12 PM   #2
JIM79CJ7

Congrats on your purchase, an welome to the forum . Tell us your plans and want's for the jeep . Do you plan on hard wheelin or just street driving ? As far as trannys go what do mean it only 3 speed ? it will not go into other gears ? has trans been swapped ? give us a little more info on your jeep .

JIM :{>

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
SevenBars

FAr to go

Thanks for the welcome. I've still got to identify the specs on this CJ. Chrysler's computer has nno info. I know it has AMC 60 rear, but I just got the codes for the ratio, (boy it looks like a hefty unit), a nice big pumpkin! I'm pretty sure the tranny's a 5-speed with a minor (hope) shift fork problem. Hits 1-2-3 & R but no 4-5.
First I want to get 'er road ready and registered. I pan to make it a good trail/rock climber machine but I want to pay attetion to looks too! I like the thoughts of a yellow/blue combo. She's currently a platinum grey /w black gut & H/T. I want to strip the interior & Rhino coat blue, yellow ext paint yellow/ blue susp parts etc., I 've got it in my head but it will take a while to bring it out in the metal. New springs maybe rev shackles like to get abiout 4" added to fit 33-35"s & will be looking for advice from other members when I get to that stage. I have some motorcycle projects going too so w`ile my plate's full, I'm enjoying it immensely! Jim, your '79 looks great BTW. I hope Mine will be as good when it's done!

Last edited by SevenBars; 10-07-2002 at 07:43 PM..
SevenBars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.