New Grill Not Fitting in 83 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New Grill Not Fitting in 83 CJ7

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
lanerj
1983 CJ7 

New Grill Not Fitting in 83 CJ7

Hello, I have an '83 CJ7 with a straight 6. The original grill was bent and rusted so I purchased a grill from a guy parting out a CJ (not sure of the year). Anyhow, I had the new grill sandblasted and powder coated and then tried to install it. The new grill bolted in just fine, but when I reinstalled the radiator, I realized that I no longer have space between the fan and the radiator. So I pulled the grill back out and started comparing measurements between the old and new grill. The new grill is 2.5 inches wide at the bottom and the old grill is 1.75 which means that the radiator is pushed back towards the fan an additional 3/4 of an inch. The radiator was a 2" thick core, so I ordered a 1 1/4 inch core thinking that I would regain the 3/4". But, the back of the radiator is still the same distance from the fan so it won't work either. Has anyone else run into this? The only differences between the two grills that I can see is the thickness at the bottom. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Lane

lanerj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , grill , radiator replacement

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.