new to forum.. just got a basket case - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > new to forum.. just got a basket case

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Here's some info if your going 85 CJ
Post 39 is the parts manual and post 48 is the factory service manual with elec prints
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/84...27/index3.html

http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/home.htm

Unread 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
smokeone
1985 CJ7 

Hey thanks everyone. I have been out of town few days for work. Just got to dig back into it. I got the body bolted down picked up all parts I needed from a guy for 250. Had a local place we work with alot install windshield cheap less hundred bucks. Im sure they will make it up from me later. I just started digging into the wiring got it to where it will crank over. just need to finish sorting it all out. I need to take some pics of the wires that I cant fig out. Will have to do this weekend. I am almost thinking of gutting the computer control and installing a hei dist. Alot less wires and maybe less vacum line. But I also dont want to spend alot of cash on it untill I make sure it runs. I will try and get some pics soon. Thanks
smokeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
smokeone
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslywalker View Post
Post 39 is the parts manual and post 48 is the factory service manual with elec prints

I tried to click on links and they dont seem to work. It always redirects me 404 page not found. Not your link but the links in the other post.
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
smokeone
1985 CJ7 

It does have all cj wiring. Al least from what i can tell. The only thing that is yj is the harness to the tail light and what ever else is in the rear of the tub. I have another delima what color to go with I already have black and silver paint. The wife would like red,but it also is one of the more expensive colors. I was thinking of painting all trim pieces black and painting the body silver. Paint the top black and maybe trade it off to a soft top.
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #20
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Depending on the year of the YJ tub will determine what wire does what.
We know there is one wire each for the tail, and back up lights, and 2 for the brake/ signal lights. There should also be one for the fuel gauge. There will also be 2 more for the dome light and rear wiper( if its new enough)
The easiest way to find what is what is to run a wire from the postive battery terminal to the YJ wires. Then (if the tub is grounded (12volts negative) touch each wire and see what lights up. Right down the color and what lights came on, on a piece of paper. Then connect them to the CJ wiring.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
smokeone
1985 CJ7 

I started to work on my cj, but its cold in Ohio. I don't have a spot in my garage for it yet. Hopefully it warms up this week some. I still would like to thank every one so far for the help.
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #22
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslywalker View Post

They open fine for me.Not to computer savy.Maybe someone else can give you a good link to them.Sure beats paying for them

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.