New to forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New to forum

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-24-2002, 09:37 PM   #1
Lil Chris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

New to forum

Just thought I would introduce myself, as I'm new to the forum. Normally I frequent shortwheelbase forum at off-road.com, TennesseeOffroad and a few others. I have a 79 CJ5 with stock t18a that is completely dismantled, well getting reassembled right now. I also have a 97 TJ with a few doodads. Look forward to sharing what info i have and learnin something at the same time.

Lil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2002, 10:41 PM   #2
Hippo393

Welcome aboard. Would love to see pics of that '79. Are you enjoying your down-time?

The engine's completely out of my 5. At first I was sooooo anxious to hurry-up-and-rebuild-it, but unexpectedtly enjoy the dirty scraping, wirebrushing, rustproofing, and painting both the engine pieces and the compartment (including frame!). Major satisfaction.

In between wrenching jobs, my home is on this board. C'mon in--the water's "WARN".
Hippo393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:52 AM   #3
Lil Chris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I love the down time, well not really but it ain't no biggie. I still get to ride with friends and such. Hopefully I can get her put back together in the next few weeks. My engine is still hangin from the engine lift, tranny, on a stand, t-case on the bench, axles on stands. I got everything pretty much ready to go back on the frame, gotta do all that. Figure some lil stuff out and put the body back on. Hopefully I'll have her going soon. I miss it and can't wait to try out the SOA and 38s and all that other crap I emptied my pockets for.
Unread 06-25-2002, 10:25 AM   #4
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome aboard and kudos on your Jeep project. I wish I had the time and dinaro for all those mods. I'm still making my 85 CJ7 road worthy before I start the mods. In a week or two I pull the gas tank and replace a few parts. Then I replace that leaky plastic valve cover. Then rebuild the carb. When it is smog certified, then I can start with a lift, axles, wheels, tires, and beautifying her. LOL

Take it easy and see ya on the board.

Jeep Daddy
Unread 06-25-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
Lil Chris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Luckily I don't have to deal with eco-nazi's. The Cj use to be road worthy but I'm afraid that once I'm through it won't be that great to drive on the rode, hopefully it will so I can drive it to school from time to time.

Thanks for the welcome.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.