Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Drive Shaft HELP

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Joe_CJ5 
#1 ·
I have the money for a new rear drive shaft and I am thinking of going with a Tom Woods drive shaft. The problem is that I do plan on doing a lift down the road, but after long consideration i think i am only going to go with a 2.5 inch lift, I only want to run 31s. So with that said, will the up graded rear shaft for $219 work after the lift is put on later down the road or will I have to legthen it later on. Im just ready to put it on the road again, not ready to tear it down yet.

#2 ·
The best I can offer is this. If you tell me what the angle of your shaft is now and how long it is from yoke eye center to yoke eye center. I'll tell you how much it will have to stretch if you lift your Jeep 2.5". The standard slip yoke on a stock drive shaft has 3 inches of travel. I think Tom Woods has some with 4" of travel. So you might want to get the longer travel shaft to be safe with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.