New clutch, any recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New clutch, any recommendations?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
SuB8HaVeN
1986 CJ7 

New clutch, any recommendations?

I pulled off my transmission and transfer case and have decided to go ahead and just order a clutch kit and install a new one while I was in there. The clutch that was in there was a Borg & Beck and seemed to work good for my use. Is Beck/Arnley the same company now? Or can anyone recommend a decent brand to go with?

I was looking at the Zoom and Centerforce clutch kits, but if what I had survived all the stop and go on the trails and inclines and hauling a 16' bass boat with 33" tires and 3.31 gears, I don't really think I need anything "heavy duty." Is there any real advantage to the premium ones for their insane cost?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.