new cj (not first) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > new cj (not first)

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
neal90
1982 CJ7 

new cj (not first)

I will be looking at a 84 cj this sunday. I was told it has NO rust (all rust has been repaired ) The jeep runs well al all instruments work. It has a hard top and doors. The hole jeep looks good. BUUUUUUUT, The motor blows smoke at start up. And needs new front seats. The jeep is $4200. Shoud I go for it or pass

neal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Congrats on at least thinking about coming back to the jeep world. I spent my share of time in Fayetnam. Just remember those rust repairs can mean bondo, fiberglass,hack etc. it would be great if there was picture documentation of the repairs. Good part about a jeep is you can see the back of 85% of those repairs with little effort. Me personally, I am leary of new paint and wanting to sell situations. If I spend time and money to fix something up I want to enjoy the fruits of my labor. On the other hand, if you can find flaws you can live with or are willing to fix it can help bring the cost down in negotiatiations. Sorry I got long winded, I think I was just getting nostalgic thinking about my Ft Bragg days. Good Luck.

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but I'm pretty sure a country boy was the father.

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"

Project 2 "Rustegade"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.