new cat now steam out exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > new cat now steam out exhaust

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
cookingguy
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

new cat now steam out exhaust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so I just got a new cat put on and now when I start it up I get some white steam and alot some water dripping out of the tailpipe. I never had this befor the new cat got put on. Is the steam due to my new cat and will it go away in time? The jeep has not been run for more than five min or so maybe 4 different times I still have to put on my new fan so don't want to over heat. any ideas on this steam and water

cookingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

That's just a byproduct of a good cat and completely normal.

Shawn
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
CSP

The creation of moisture happens with any internal combustion engine. It may have just been puddling in the old cat.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.