New carb from ebay or..... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New carb from ebay or.....

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #31
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegt View Post
I bought a new carb from the guy from Ebay..and found the install smooth..and it fired up right away...i never dealt with carbs except pulling my hair out with the Carter...I had it on for a year and half now no problems. Never had to touch it yet. Ifi can get my hands on an adapter to use my stock air cleaner..would be nice...the one he provides does the trick..i just like the look of old
I thought he sold adapters for the OEM air cleaner, too? In any case, I've seen writeups out there (on this forum, probably) for adapting the MC to the stock air cleaner. I think it's basically two pieces of plastic and some duct tape. The top size on an MC is the same as a TBI, so maybe search for that?

walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

I would try your local auto parts store for this item. I have purchased two carbs from Kragen/O'rileys and they are factory refurbished and come with a warranty.

You do need to have a sharp counter person who is willing to call Holly up and verify the correct venture size is in stock but it is worth the effort. It has been a long time since I needed to purchase one but maybe these numbers are still good to get you started:

Holley remanufactured carb part numbers:
645118 , 645065, or 645340, or 645175, or 645174

Click HERE to check out my CJ5 restoration project page
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #33
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5_Fan View Post
Holley remanufactured carb part numbers:
645118 , 645065, or 645340, or 645175, or 645174
I found # 645175 at Summit Racing, but the description is missing any real details:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-64-5175/overview/

This page lists several 2100 remans for the 304 and has the Holley tech support phone number at the bottom of the page:

http://www.holley.com/data/Catalogs/Reman/11.pdf
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #34
gwjeeps
1984 CJ7 

I am running the rebuilt 2150 from the EBAY Guy "ehrmannmp" have been for about 3 years 21000+ miles. pretty straight forward install and much better performance than stock crap and miles of vaccum lines.
He has always replied promply to my emails about altitude jet changes, and even sent me new base gaskets when they leaked last year for free when I was just asking for part #'s.
I am now scrounging up the parts to do this on a friends jeep, and it is looking like it might be easier to just pay the $285 for his kit, IMO.
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #35
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

The new ones that he sells are not OEM Motorcrafts...they are an aftermarket clone with Ford internals. On the housing, there should be an embossed stamp showing the venturi size, etc.. and the one I got does not have any of that on it..
Here is a reply from him regarding a question pointed towards that subject:

These are aftermarket brand new. OEM ford carbs haven't been made since the late 80's. They are pretty good and I replace all internals w/ quality Walker parts (power valve, jets, accel pump, gaskets, etc. The ones I build for $280 are all original Ford parts.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.