New aluminum valve cover doesn't fit?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New aluminum valve cover doesn't fit??

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore

Now now, we did determine part of that whole debacle was due to them not having received all the pertinent info......

As for the interference, it is a pretty well documented problem in the stroker community and came up in several google searches when I was researching cams for my head swap. So it's not specific to clearwater heads, per se.
I can't disagree with you sir as you are correct. I've made my share of mistakes during this build that's for sure!

supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #17
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

I'm wondering if Hesco's spacer would eliminate this problem? Or would I even have this problem with a stock cover?
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

Got it sitting flush today, lots of filing around drivers side head bolts.

Unread 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
james04si

1977 CJ5 

Good deal. Once you fire it up make sure its not holding any valves slightly open. Mine originally sounded like I had a much more aggressive cam because a couple valves were held open. Put a vacuum gauge on it and the needle just bounced everywhere. Pulled the valve cover back off and I could see where a few of the valve springs were just barely touching. I have also thought about getting an OEM cover but never got around to it once I made the aftermarket one work.
james04si is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.