neuprene seat covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > neuprene seat covers

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
stumper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

neuprene seat covers

I am thinking about putting them on my YJ seats in my CJ. Do they look and funtion as good as advertised? The seats I have are sound but need new covering and thought the neuprene would be a good choice. I do not want second rate looking seats in my project. Any advise? Thanks Stumper

stumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
CJunk
1984 CJ7 

Mine were bought by the po. They faded quickly, when stained it was permenent, and they held water in them. Can you tell I didnt like them?
CJunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

I've never had the covers, but I bought some of the neoprene bestop "aquamax" seats. Like CJunk said, the faded REALLY fast and after a while the seams started to look like they were pulling apart. I, personally, won't buy any more neoprene stuff.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Ever smell a musty wetsuit? I would think twice about putting neoprene on my seats.
Pathkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
TehWicked

I had a set of seat covers made by wet okole and they was royally bad ***! THey ened up going my my brother F250 work truck and he still beats them to death out on mine strips. They are still holding strong... Only bad part about them is they cost a little more than normal seat covers.

http://www.wetokole.com/
TehWicked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
197JeepRenegade
1975 CJ5 

I agree with the other guys. Wetsuits are designed to keep water in (to help warm your body). You want something that will repel water.
197JeepRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
shok47
1983 CJ7 

I also looked at some seat covers with storage, specifically the Smittybilt GEAR product. Has any of you experienced with that type:?
Unread 03-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
BlackDogCJ
1984 CJ7 

I've had bestop vinyl seat covers for a long time and love them, they go on easy and look really nice - fyi
BlackDogCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
apfroggy0408
1982 CJ7 

The PO to my jeep put some Bestop on the driver and passengers seat and they hold up like no one's business. They're pretty pricey though =/
apfroggy0408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
TehWicked

One thing you need to remember, a FULL Neoprene seat cover WILL be waterproof...

Wetsuits are not 100% neoprene, I was big time into deep diving and psearfishing in FL for years. Gots lot of experience with them. If a wetsuit was 100% neoprene you would not be able to sink with it on, that completely repel water.

Those Wet Okole seat covers are 100% neoprene, they will never absorb water. And will never stain either, all it take to clean them if to pop them off and go at it wil a water hose if your that worried about it. Most people I know with them never wash them though...
TehWicked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I purchased Neoprene covers for my TJ. I wanted something waterproof for when I was wheeling... don't like sitting on wet muddy seats, they made cleanup a lot easier. If anything was going to fade, I wanted it to be the seat covers, not the seats. Mine lasted three summers in the dry California sun, and I had the top off from march til november for the most part. They were still on the TJ when I sold it... not bad for $100 in my opinion. They still had life in them, they were faded, and there was a spot that was wearing, but they did their job. I will probably put them on my CJ once I get it together.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.