Needing a set of body mounts for a CJ any suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Needing a set of body mounts for a CJ any suggestions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Jevy
1984 CJ7 

Needing a set of body mounts for a CJ any suggestions

Hey everyone,

I did some measuring today and it looks like I'm going to be able to remove the entire body lift. That being said the existing mounts are just some 3" pucks. I do have a fiberglass tub and think it would be wise to re-install the body with some sort of a body mount. I could cut down the blocks on there now to use as a shim but I think I'ld rather do it right. Just looking for suggestions on brands or vendors to get them from? I don't know if any brand holds up than another. Any info is appreciated.

Jevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
gpower77
1985 CJ7 

I used Energy Suspension:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/26057_1X_PG.htm

You may need these too, just depends on if these are still in your existing bushings:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/55008_1000.htm

The Energy Suspension kit does not have the washers it shows in the pictures. They also offer master kits if you want to do all the leaf springs and complete bushing redo.

Garry
gpower77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Jevy
1984 CJ7 

Thanks for the info!!!! I went ahead and got them ordered. Thanks again!!!!
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
CSP

Pretty sure that with a glass tub you need the puck style of mount.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Jevy
1984 CJ7 

I sure am glad you posted this because I was getting ready to make a big mistake. After googling it you are right it needs a rigid mount. It never occurred to me that the body would need to be rigid mounted. I was hoping to totally remove the body lift but I may take it from a 3" to 1/2"-1" or so. So I am going to remove the pucks and cut them down to the least about I think I can get away with. Man I tell you this board has a great group of people. Thanks again!!!!!
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
gpower77
1985 CJ7 

Good catch CSP, didnt catch the fiberglass tub part....duh...it was written in the post!

Garry
gpower77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
Jevy
1984 CJ7 

thanks again guys. I asked on my build thread asking if it is possible to just mount the body directly to the frame? If I have to I'll trim them down to 1/2" or so but I'm trying to take as much of the body lift as possible. Would just bolting it direct work? Any info is appreciated.
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
CSP

You need something between the tub and frame to allow for movement. The frame flexes and you don't want that flex directly transmitted to the tub as it will crack it prematurely.

My CJ5 has the old open channel frame which flexes a LOT. I've wheeled it enough that my tub is literally coming apart. The main body mount on the drivers side under the firewall has ripped apart from the tub and I have several cracks in the tub (sheetmetal tub).
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
WoodyHD
1983 CJ7 

For fiberglass body you use this. You have to cut them to size. Do the four main mounts under the doors firsts to your desired height and adjust the rest to fit.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Body-Parts-R...4&t_pn=MDR5000
WoodyHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.