Needed a good reputable complete restorer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Needed a good reputable complete restorer

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Lodgeman
1976 CJ5 

Needed a good reputable complete restorer

I'm new to Jeepforum.com . Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this-
I have a 1976 CJ 5 . It's been at a paint guys place for 3 years. The whole Jeep is totally disassembled. I am looking for a good reputable complete restoration company within a 100-150 miles from the Chicagoland area. Not one thing has been done by the painter in last 3 years. I live in Northwest Indiana. Any help or recommedations would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to get my little Jeep completed and all back together.
Thanks,
Lodgeman

Lodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

How far is Findlay, OH from you? http://rudys-cjs.com/
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Lodgeman
1976 CJ5 

200 miles but I would consider going there. I am just finding it hard to find someone close or in the midwest .
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
robs7
1983 CJ7 

There is a shop near me in Louisville, KY called V3 Jeeps. Very nice shop, knowledgable staff, and very capable. This is all that they do. They are on the web and always have some projects going that you can look at. Rob
robs7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
How far is Findlay, OH from you? http://rudys-cjs.com/
I will second that motion for Rudy. He's also a great guy and has tons of knowledge......
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
smitty010203
1981 CJ5 

http://rudys-cjs.com/yahoo_site_admi...164313_std.jpg

Can you imagine seeing that riding down the road in person!? Id break my neck and crash while drooling and crapping my self all at once
smitty010203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty010203
http://rudys-cjs.com/yahoo_site_admi...164313_std.jpg

Can you imagine seeing that riding down the road in person!? Id break my neck and crash while drooling and crapping my self all at once
I did exactly that when he pulled up in that very same truck with Project 23 on the trailer approx 3 years ago. Dude didn't even bother putting the ramps down to drive it off the trailer
Anyways, he knows his stuff and knows how and where to get parts....... Give him a call
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
smitty010203
1981 CJ5 

Ahh I see, so I take it Rudy did Project 23? That might make you the smartest guy on this forum for letting someone else do all the hard work.
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

I drove out to Rudy's from eastern PA to get my Repli-tub from him at a deal I couldn't pass up. Wound up buying extra white wagon wheels and a front fender in pristine condition for cheap too.

It was well worth the trip and he does a good job restoring CJ's with anything you want.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Ahh I see, so I take it Rudy did Project 23? That might make you the smartest guy on this forum for letting someone else do all the hard work.
Hmm, looks like somebody needs to grab a 12 pack, a comfy chair, put aside some spare time and then start reading my thread titled Project 23 Paint. Though I would've loved to have Rudy do a ground up, he only gets credit for selling me a solid platform to do it myself (even though its not a full restore).
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #11
smitty010203
1981 CJ5 

My apologies 23. I mentioned that because I was a little surprised, I thought I had seen some of your build threads in the past. I would have never figured you would be on here anyway if you really had someone else do everything for you. That just doesn't seem to be how the jeep community works, in particular the Cj community.
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
My apologies 23. I mentioned that because I was a little surprised, I thought I had seen some of your build threads in the past. I would have never figured you would be on here anyway if you really had someone else do everything for you. That just doesn't seem to be how the jeep community works, in particular the Cj community.
No prob bro, just bustin your chops
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
Lodgeman
1976 CJ5 

Thanks for recommending Rudy- He only does restorations on Jeeps he sells. So the quest continues.
Lodgeman
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #14
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Check with Michiana Auto Pros, it is about 2 hours directly east on 80/90. They have an excellent off road shop, they do fantastic work. Not sure if they would turn down the resto project or not but its worth a call.
Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Saw Chicagoland and didnt realize you were in indiana, it is only an hour east of you, exit 83 on toll road
Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.