need wiring diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > need wiring diagram

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

need wiring diagram

i have tryed the search with no luck if anyone has a basic motor and starter harnesses it would help alot thanks

pistol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

You won't find a lot of YJ stuff over here in the CJ section...
Sorry.

This *MIGHT* Help, don't know how similar your YJ will be to a CJ...

Jeep DuraSpark ignition, *IF* you still have one in '90...
The 'Violet' wire in this diagram will go through a timing computer before it gets to your ignition module.

-----------------------------------------

This is the basic Start/Charge system in a CJ, don't know if it will help in your YJ,

---------------------------------------

This is the alternator wiring in the later versions of the CJ with the Delco 10-SI alternator.

---------------------------------

Is this the kind of stuff you are looking for?

You should try to tell what engine you have, wiring harnesses change from engine to engine with year model (Different alternators, ignitions, ect.)
If you have fuel injected engine, then all bets on the stuff I posted are out the window...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks that will help out alot i have done a hole jeep before but just want to make sure thanks
Unread 12-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

the jeep is a cj3a i had a thread on this forum (doin work on a cj3a ) it has no wiring and the motor is a 225 v-6 and i just want to keep it as simple as i can i don't know if that will help you help me jeephammer thanks
Unread 12-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

CJ-3A will probably have a DC GENERATOR instead of an ALTERNATOR.
That means a mechanical voltage regulator that will need to be 'Polarized'.

I know some of the older Jeeps had floor mounted pedals/switches for starter, and if that is the case, the starter will have to be wired a little differently.

225 should have the common starter wiring, but the solenoid might be on the starter instead of the fender well.
Same wiring applies, but you will NOT have to add the wire between solenoid and starter since there will be a connection already made.

Get me some pictures of the components, generator, starter, ect. and we can go from there.
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

is what im looking for is more like how to wire it key to the solenoid to the starter very basic thanks for your help
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The Haynes CJ manual works well for your YJ's 258 and Jeephammers post should apply to your engine bay.

The only real difference is a firewall starter relay instead of a fender relay.solenoid, most of the rest is the same. i have used the CJ book to rewire a couple YJ engine bays.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
pistol
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks i got it all done today . im sorry i should ha made it more clear i was working on a cj3a that i put a 225 v6 in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.