need sone advice on a possible axle swap in my build! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > need sone advice on a possible axle swap in my build!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
JBW5
1980 CJ7 

need sone advice on a possible axle swap in my build!

Currently im running a 1980 cj7 on 33s with stock dana 30 up front and the amc 20 out back with a set of one piece shafts. I haven't done much in a while but now summer is here and im planning my small build. I realize it takes a little cash but im on a fairly tight budget. I wanna go LCOG on 35s and up till now I've been thinking I would put in a set of scout 44s that I have access to for free. Most likely they would need re-geared, probably break work and then the obvious front caster change where I am going to use the d-30 outers. Here is my dilemma. I dont want my jeep under the knife too long cause its summer and I drive her a lot this time of year! Mostly what I do is in and out of trails to kayak, fairly light trail rides, dirt roads, pavement etc. nothing too intense. My question is with that being said could I regear what I have and be fine? Im not sure I like how wide the stock scout axles are for the height ill be sitting and it seems like with less money I could be geared right and on the trail fairley quickly and be able to do the swap later if I wanted. What are talks thoughts? Better to just do it all at once or put a little money into my stock axles and run em?? Thanks for any input! Also if you have any good pics of your cj overcoming with stock axles that would be cool too!ha

JBW5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.