Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Need some throttle linkage help!!

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  scottymac62 
#1 ·
Ok, I am putting a new clifford intake manifold and holley truck avenger carb (4 barrel) on my 86 CJ with a 258 block/ 4.0 head. I now need to do something with the throttle linkage, as I don't think the stock setup will do me any good. Has anyone done this before and have any pictures of a custom throttle linkage set up, or even perhaps any ideas on how to go about doing this? :confused:

#3 ·
When I put on my motorcraft carb I tried to make the stock throttle cable work.. fought it, tried everything, it was just too sticky cause it wasn't the right length and wasn't going the right direction.

Moral of the story is, I ended up spending a little bit of money and buying a Lokar adjustable throttle cable and bracket, it was well worth it.. it's one less thing to worry about.

#4 ·
I fabricated the following bracket by borrowing parts off of the original bracket. It worked our great.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.