Need a simple part but cant find it! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need a simple part but cant find it!

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 01-12-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
imtheant

Need a simple part but cant find it!

My buddy at the body shop who is helping with my restoration just finished welding in a complete new floor (from firewall to rolll bar) I bought from 4wd.com. Everything went fine but he called to say he needs 2 new body mounts for the front of the body since the ones that are there are completely gone. The previous owner had cut what looks like steel pipe into
2" sections and used that for a homemade body lift which ruined the underside of the tub and all the mounts. My question is what exactly am I looking for? I know I need the nut that can be welded inside but what else do I need? Would this suffice?

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=10544

Unread 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
imtheant

Come on restortaion guys, I need to get this part ordered! Any help?
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

The body mounts I have are just round poly hockey puck looking things like the ones in the link you have. I used the bolts I already had.
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheant View Post
My buddy at the body shop who is helping with my restoration just finished welding in a complete new floor (from firewall to rolll bar) I bought from 4wd.com. Everything went fine but he called to say he needs 2 new body mounts for the front of the body since the ones that are there are completely gone. The previous owner had cut what looks like steel pipe into
2" sections and used that for a homemade body lift which ruined the underside of the tub and all the mounts. My question is what exactly am I looking for? I know I need the nut that can be welded inside but what else do I need? Would this suffice?

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=10544
If all you need are the mounts, I would buy a 1 or 2 inch body lift kit and go ahead and lift it while you are at it. It would be pretty close in price and if all you need are the body mounts, why waste 159 dollars on that kit when you could raise the body while you are at it.
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

That kit you posted from 4WD.com looks like the hardware for mounting a fiberglass body to the frame.

Here's ann OEM type: http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=8547#

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
imtheant

I must not have been clear on what I needed. I already have the replacement poly bushings and a 2" bodylift with all the hardware, thats not the issue. If you look on the underside of my tub, the 2 front holes that usually have a nut welded inside them, look as if someone took a hammer and smashed the mount in. I have attached a picture although its hard to see...look in the upper left hand corner of the tub.

What do I need to do to make these working mounts?
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
gojeepgo
1981 CJ7 

If you look at the upper right hand side of your pic, there is a section of the tub that you can slide you hand into. Its on the underside of the floor. There should be a nut captured in there somehow, but I doubt it on your since that hole where the body bushing would rest is huge. You can make that part where the hole is solid with sheet metal. Drill out for a bolt from the bottom after the body is lined up on the frame. Then in the space between the floor and the mount just use a large washer and a nut and bolt for the body mount.
gojeepgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
imtheant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojeepgo View Post
If you look at the upper right hand side of your pic, there is a section of the tub that you can slide you hand into. Its on the underside of the floor. There should be a nut captured in there somehow, but I doubt it on your since that hole where the body bushing would rest is huge. You can make that part where the hole is solid with sheet metal. Drill out for a bolt from the bottom after the body is lined up on the frame. Then in the space between the floor and the mount just use a large washer and a nut and bolt for the body mount.

Ahhh, I see. So I guess I could always just tell my buddy to weld a new piece over the existing hole and not worry about the mount for now and when I go to reasseble everything I could drill the hole in the right location and simply slip a new nut inside since I will be able to access the backside without any problem?
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
Smtty58
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Classic Enterpise has those. They're called front body supports or toe supports. If you patch your existing ones, the panel is stamped with a boss for the body mount to rest on. You'll have to get this area close to the right height.

Western Mass. 4x4
Smtty58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Classic enterprises. http://http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php#7695

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
yellow85cj
1985 CJ7 

Here's what it looked like before it was hacked up.

Inside the way the "nut" is mounted. It slides around inside to allow for lining up the bolt.

The part is "A" under the 76 to 95 CJ parts on the Classic site http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php
yellow85cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
imtheant

Awesome ordered the parts today. Thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.