Need Recomendation on Crate 350 Engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need Recomendation on Crate 350 Engine

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
jkoch8819
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Need Recomendation on Crate 350 Engine

Well last night, the motor I thought was strong decided it was not and threw a rod right through the oil pan, So I am not looking for a replacement 350. I am kinda interested in a crate or remanufatured engine. But I only have a tad over 2,000.00 to work with, if you have any ideas or recomendations that would be great... Thanks...

A sad disapointed crushed CJ Owner...

Unread 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
TRex

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoch8819 View Post
A sad disapointed crushed CJ Owner...
Sad? Disappointed? Look at it this way... You get a NEW ENGINE and a little one-on-one time with your mistress.

Seriously though, good engines are plentiful if you shop around. I'll be following the suggestions as well-- I'm likely a year or two away from doing the same thing.
Unread 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

so your totaly turned off by the 350 now? you can get brand new 350's (290 hp/325 ftlb) for under $2k (dealer pricing) and bolt up all your existing goodies to it. surely with some shopping, you can find one even less expensive.

Mike D.
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
jkoch8819
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why would I be turned off by it? It was an old, unkown origins motor... For all I know it had a pre-exsisting issue... So if a 401 would bolt up to my th350 automatic transmission then I would go that route.. but it dont :-(

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.