Need a picture of fuel line routing 77 CJ5 V8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need a picture of fuel line routing 77 CJ5 V8

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 10-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
Ollie09
1983 CJ7 

Need a picture of fuel line routing 77 CJ5 V8

Anyone have a picture of the fuel and return line routing for a 77 CJ5 with the V8? Mine was hacked up by the PO. I have the body off and tubes from Inline tube. Do the tubes go on top of the frame rail?
Thanks

Ollie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Ollie09
1983 CJ7 

I searched lots of Forums and didn't find any good picture. Finally, after lots of Google searches, I came across this site. About half way through the pictures is a series of very good photos of the original fuel line routing for a CJ5 V8. I thought I'd post the link so others can find it.

http://www.americanrestomods.com/77-jeep-cj7/
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
TracyS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie09 View Post
I searched lots of Forums and didn't find any good picture. Finally, after lots of Google searches, I came across this site. About half way through the pictures is a series of very good photos of the original fuel line routing for a CJ5 V8. I thought I'd post the link so others can find it.

http://www.americanrestomods.com/77-jeep-cj7/
Cool you found that! I actually manage that website and page and found this thread through a pingback. I wrote that article Oddly enough, I also own a Jeep Wrangler. So glad you found it useful.
TracyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
chris989604
1980 CJ7 

Some of you will hate this idea

Quote:
Anyone have a picture of the fuel and return line routing for a 77 CJ5 with the V8? Mine was hacked up by the PO. I have the body off and tubes from Inline tube. Do the tubes go on top of the frame rail?
Thanks

Here is an option, I had my tub off and was looking for a better way. I haven't had it on the street yet, so time will tell.

I used poly tubing to line my frame and then pulled parker super flex braided line inside that. I used grommets to pass through the frame crossover member. With the frames lined with poly, I can slip the fuel line back out for replacement or inspection. The only problem may come from the line collapsing under suction from the mechanical pump. It shouldn't. Now i never have to worry about my exhaust and fuel.

New rear brake line, notched the ebrake mount a little to stay tight to the frame.

fuel supply entering the frame rail. It exits the frame rail inches from the mechanical pump.

return line, passenger side

chris989604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Ollie09
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyS View Post
Cool you found that! I actually manage that website and page and found this thread through a pingback. I wrote that article Oddly enough, I also own a Jeep Wrangler. So glad you found it useful.
Hi,
I hope you keep the photos up on your website. I am restoring a CJ5 and the pictures you have of an original Jeep are invaluable. Thanks for sharing them.
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Ollie09
1983 CJ7 

[QUOTE=chris989604;17423673]Here is an option, I had my tub off and was looking for a better way. I haven't had it on the street yet, so time will tell.

I used poly tubing to line my frame and then pulled parker super flex braided line inside that. I used grommets to pass through the frame crossover member. With the frames lined with poly, I can slip the fuel line back out for replacement or inspection. The only problem may come from the line collapsing under suction from the mechanical pump. It shouldn't. Now i never have to worry about my exhaust and fuel.

That's a good way to protect the tubes especially for off roading. The production installation has the coming around the outside of the frame that look easy to damage.
Unread 11-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
TracyS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hi,
I hope you keep the photos up on your website. I am restoring a CJ5 and the pictures you have of an original Jeep are invaluable. Thanks for sharing them.
We actually share the photos to keep customers in the loop since they can't come by the shop and check out their cars, but we are always happy to find others who find them useful
TracyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.