Need an orginal carrier for model 20 axle for 4:10 gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need an orginal carrier for model 20 axle for 4:10 gears

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
LKCJ

1983 CJ7 

Need an orginal carrier for model 20 axle for 4:10 gears

Hey Guys,

I'm working on my rear model 20 axle right now and I am looking for an original carrier for 4:10 ring and pinion gears. Planning on running 33" tires.
The model 20 had a locker diff in it when I started my restore. I drove it for about six months or so with the locker in it and I just didn't care for the way it drove. I have looked through the classifieds and nothing. I thought about posting this in the classifieds but thought I may get a better response posting here. Just looking for some help!

I know that there are some model 20's out there that were installed behind some 4cyl's that had 4:10 gears. I'm not really interested in anything but the carrier but will consider buying it loaded if I need to.

Thanks for any help!

rear-axle-rebuild-21-.jpg  
LKCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

You don't need to limit your search to that ratio. The M20 has two carriers. One for 2.73 ratio and one for every thing else. So as long as you can find a carrier that doesn't have 2.73 gears on it you will be good to go.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
LKCJ

1983 CJ7 

Thanks Jeepwhore,

I new that there were two different carriers just can't find one yet. Thought
I would see if some of the JF members may have one. I like to support the people who support me with there knowledge first.
Unread 10-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
scooby533
1986 CJ7 

PM me, I've got a limited Slip from an 85' with 79k miles on it. New springs and clutches in a bag ready to go in.

Shawn
scooby533 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
wm69

Try Arkansascrawlers. Someone there would have one. What locker are you taking out and what are you doing with it? There's a free classified section there too.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
LKCJ

1983 CJ7 

Thanks for the help guys. Found one on eBay last night for 125.00. First one I've seen on there in a long time that will work with 4:10 gears. Thats usually the way it works out. Can't find one so you go to a source that can help you and bam you find one. Hopefully it will work but if not I will refer back here to see what you have.

Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 10-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
LKCJ

1983 CJ7 

Scooby553,

Sorry I didn't get your PM. Found an email in the trash can that said you tried but that I was out of space. I guess I just didn't pay attention to the fact that my membership needed to be renewed. Got it done and now I have more space. If the one I bought doesn't work out, I might be interested in what you have.

As for the locker, I don't know what I'm going to do with it. The PO put it in and I haven't been able to find who made this one. It had 3:31 ring and pinion gears on it. Still have those. I won't be using though.

Thanks for the help guys. I will let you know if the one that's coming works.
Unread 10-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
scooby533
1986 CJ7 

I was just going to suggest a trade. I wouldn't mind running that Detroit. No worries. Good luck!
scooby533 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.