Need Opinions On Dash Wiring Image... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need Opinions On Dash Wiring Image...

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #16
JeffreyCharles
1976 CJ5 

This looks great! Between the things you put out here and John's diagrams I've got a stack of pages printed out that I keep tucked in my Chilton's. They go out to the Jeep with me each time I do any work. How about you two collaborate and produce a book? This sort of information is never available in the manuals in a way that's as easy to read/understand as what you guys are doing. I'd buy it in a second! Heck, I'd buy ten copies just to keep you guys in beer!

Unread 03-26-2010, 03:54 AM   #17
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
Where do you think I got this old rusted up piece of crap?
I took it off your work bench when you weren't looking!

John, I was hoping you would see this!
Can I use some of your pictures of other components in the picture/image/diagram drawings?
Don't want to swipe pictures without permission, and I'd like to collaborate with you on this.

I've got a guy, publisher, that is interested in producing a CJ book (I'm lobbying for CD so we can go interactive and it's easier to update) and I'd like you in on it.

You are actually I stole the component picture/combined with diagram idea from...
(I know a good idea when I steal it! )
Your 'Flashing Light' diagrams are one of those little brilliant ideas, and I'd like to use that same idea on some stuff...

This was actually a REAL PAIN to do!
You are CONSTANTLY in a fight to keep the size down without packing stuff in so tightly the 'Average Joe' can't follow the diagrams/wire paths..

You don't know what direction to run the wires/components in the beginning, so you wind up doing this 4 or 5 times to work everything in there!
I've got 5 hours in that diagram alone!
Of course you can use any of my pictures. If you need any more, let me know.

I tried to do something like that to just run a particular circuit like the headlights, but the parts started to get fuzzier on the edges every time I made a change.
Like this:

p.s. I'm not sure the trace colors on this drawing, I think the green wires actually use a black trace mark. But this is an old drawing.

But I like your idea of actually using a picture of the part you are trying to concentrate on. Instead of block diagrams.

Last edited by John Strenk; 03-26-2010 at 05:05 AM..
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #18
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Of course you can use any of my pictures. If you need any more, let me know.

I tried to do something like that to just run a particular circuit like the headlights, but the parts started to get fuzzier on the edges every time I made a change.
Like this:

p.s. I'm not sure the trace colors on this drawing, I think the green wires actually use a black trace mark. But this is an old drawing.

But I like your idea of actually using a picture of the part you are trying to concentrate on. Instead of block diagrams.
John, you kicked my butt again!
That looks GREAT!

All I do is make changes!
Every time I think I have something nailed down, I find something else I forgot and have to move things around and start again...

The background color sure makes the image show up well,
That would let me use actual color coding, Yellow would show up that way.
Makes the images a little larger when compressed, but it looks like it's worth it to me!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
jfwireless
1976 CJ7 

Very nice, thanks for that work. Other than John's remarks all I can say is a 76 used 3AG fuses not AGC fuses. The fuse location should be specified by if a 3AG block or an ATC block.

Jim
jfwireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

You gents rock with your diagrams. I do like the ones on top of the parts the best. I read schematics well but when explaining to someone who doesn't they make it so much clearer.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

In regards to John's diagram you can also add text in an open area defining the circuits, such as, circuit 25 is low beam headlamps, circuit 3 is high beam headlamps and so on... Good idea guys.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #22
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Well, we try...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #23
Redmanchew

1982 CJ7 

Hammer, JS
I hope you guys have ran into some of us (not litterally) and really understand how much everyone apppreciates this. It is so freaking awesome that you guys take the time to verify this stuff, lay it out, and reverify this stuff. I gar-en-tee that if either of you ever make it out here to Oakridge or Crozet while i'm there the steaks and beer are on me for the weekend!

oh and now for something completely different......
If anyone knows or can contribute the locations of "splice ___" that would help also. I remember going through diagrams only to find them on the PS fender when i was looking on the DS fender etc...

keep up the great work!
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.