Need a new dual purpose radiator. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need a new dual purpose radiator.

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
jeepingalong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Need a new dual purpose radiator.

Just bought a 1979 Jeep and looks like a need a new radiator. But I want to put one in that will be able to cool off a 350 if I decide to swap the motor out. Does anybody know if I can put a larger radiator in and it still be ok for the stock motor? (I6) Thanks I tried to find out by searching but this has not been covered I think.

jeepingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Any three core radiator with cores that aren't plugged with crud will cool a 350, and just about anything else you want to sock in there...

To be quite frank, there is probably more cylinder surface area exposed to water in the I-6 than there is on a 350, so I would think that anything that cooled an I-6 would cool a 350...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.