Need info on where to buy some parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need info on where to buy some parts

Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-15-2002, 01:37 PM   #1
CJ-7_Kid

Need info on where to buy some parts

I am rebuilding a 78 CJ7. I need a new in dash fan switch (the switch that controls the fan speed for the Heater) and a new in dash headlight switch ( not the push button the one where you pull it out to turn on the head lights or half way work just the parking lights.

I've called JC Whitney, Quadra-Tec, Rosser Jeep, all the local auto parts stores in the area and nothing.

Does anyone know where i can finds these 2 parts. Thanks in advance.

Jamey

>>>Edit<<<
I live in Pennsylvania.

CJ-7_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 02:16 PM   #2
scottahicks

Today I can be your saving grace!!!!!!!

This is the only link you will ever need for restoration parts that are hard to find. everyone should have this in their favorites if they dont already

http://www.restore4x4.com

the headlight switch is part number JP4059 $17.95
the heater switch is the same as the wiper switch I belive but I could be wrong but check the site out and give thease people a call if they dont have it they usualy know where to get it!!

good luck and I hope i have been of help to you

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 07:42 AM   #3
4wheeler4CJ

also www.4wd.com and www.quadratec.com
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 11:44 AM   #4
CJ-7_Kid

Thanks for the info but restore4x4.com didn't have the heater switch, but i did find an awsome place that does. If anyone is restoreing there jeep this is an awsome place to find hard OEM products. www.thejeep.com There catalog is 6 bucks but is well worth it.
Unread 10-16-2002, 01:06 PM   #5
4wheeler4CJ

If you wanna save 6 bucks, the ones I mentioned above have free catalogs and send them all the time throughout the year as new ones come out. And they have everything you will need.
Unread 10-16-2002, 01:17 PM   #6
CJ-7_Kid

I tried both of yours and nothing. I knwo about quadratec my firend works for them, not to be a smartass but if you read my first post it states i've tried calling quadratec and they didn't have it but 4wd is sending me a catalog.

The reason noone had the heater switch is it is still a dealer only item. Kinda hard to beleive but it is. But thanks again.
Unread 10-16-2002, 02:05 PM   #7
4wheeler4CJ

Quadratec used to carry them, I don't know why they may not now, but I am looking at the most recent 4WD catalog right here in front of me. Here are the switches they have and their part #s:

2 Speed Heater Motor Switch ('76-'77 CJ) 5459136 $19.75
3 Speed Heater Motor Switch ('78-'86 CJ) 5462784 $18.99

Sorry about quadratec, that must explain why most of my dealings are with www.4wd.com and only a few with "the other".

Sounds like your friend may want to consider moving his employment to 4wd! LOL
Unread 10-16-2002, 02:09 PM   #8
4wheeler4CJ

By the way, 4WD has had these parts for at least the 9 or 10 years I have been into CJs, because I can remember ordering new swiutches for my first CJ back then. Quadratec must really have to get on the ball, LOL.

In fact, many CJ parts are not even available at dealers, but are available in catalogs. Dealers usually only sell Factory parts, so CJs are so old, that many parts are no longer Factory-Made.

Anyway, I personally never find myself going to a dealer. So far, catalog (or in your case local shopping, due to your location ) shopping produces everything I need.
Unread 10-16-2002, 02:10 PM   #9
CJ-7_Kid

That's bush i called them and they said sorry we don't have them, maybe they just meant they were out of stock.

I hope my buddy doesn't leave he hooks me up big time. For instance my last order should of been $252 without shipping and with the discount he gives me it was only $146.19 shipped.
Unread 10-16-2002, 05:05 PM   #10
4wheeler4CJ

Well, I dunno what to tell you.

I have bought them a couple times from them before, so I know they are available. They must have been out of stock. If so, they will backorder and it usually only takes a matter of a couple of weeks.

I dunno, when I wrote the last reply, I had the magazine open right in front of me to the electrical parts page.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.