Need ideas on anti-theft device - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need ideas on anti-theft device

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #46
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

here's a great link to the "wave a magnet past a reed switch" setup.

http://www.autospeed.com/A_107975/cms/article.html

Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #47
Donobrew
1985 CJ7 

I keep my gas gauge broken and running bad. That why no one wants it…
My wife's rig: 2010 FJ Cruiser 4X4, Auto, 3" Lift, Warn Rockers, some TRD stuff
Donobrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #48
johnschat
1981 CJ5 

LoJack

I have installed a cutoff switch but still couldn't feel comfortable parking the CJ anywhere. Now I have LoJack with early warning installed and I feel great about parking the CJ. The early warning calls you on five different numbers you give them if your Jeep starts moving without the key fob.

My CJ is now worth more in parts than it is as a whole vehicle so I used to worry about someone stealing it to part it out. Now I know the cops will have it before it makes it to the chop shop.
johnschat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #49
1983 CJ7 

I like the padlocked clutch and brake pedal, only as good as the bolt cutters but still a very easy and cheap deterrent and a switch in the fuel injector circuit would be helpful too.

A Spyderco Native II attached to a linear solenoid under the drivers seat and wired to a motion sensor would be a great deterrent. Any dude that drove off in my Jeep with a knife up his hole can have it because he is one bad SOB.
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #50
Rollbar
1984 CJ8 

How much is the Lojack?

CJ8 Build Thread<---- Click
Rollbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #51
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
Would that just scare the crap out of ya if you flip open the hood and there he was!!!
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #52
Rollbar
1984 CJ8 

I would FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 04-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #53
Rollbar
1984 CJ8 

I found the real deal.....scroll

Unread 04-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #54
marcaurell
1979 CJ7 

Use the Ash Tray to interrupt ignition. Interrup the red-white ignition+ wire (at Tach) with a switch behind the ash tray. When ashtray is open the switch is open when you close the tray the circut is also close and ignition have +. Use a Brakelightswitch style switch and look to have enough clearence in closed position.
I friend of me takes the Ash Tray for his mechanical Choke i used it for my optional Headlight switches.(see photo below)

marcaurell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #55
Keith
Admin

What exact cutoff switches is everyone using? Links to where you bought them would be very helpful.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #56
chuck138
1986 CJ7 

I have a LoJack early warning system being installed in a couple of weeks and it cost $1,100.00.
chuck138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #57
Keith
Admin

Plus a monthly fee?

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #58
chuck138
1986 CJ7 

No monthly fee.
chuck138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #59
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog4 View Post
I have a plan to use a magnetic switch from Radio Shack.
You put the magnet over a certain area, and the circuit is complete- take it away, and fuel, ignition, etc. is cut off.

I like this idea, cause it is easy to just grab the magnet and go when you are in a hurry. If you think,"oh ****, did I flip the switch?",
You just look down at your key ring and make sure the magnet is there.

I heard about this method before, and this thread has me inspired to actually do it before I regret it.

I also have a knife switch on the + battery terminal for extended non-use with no battery drain. That is a nice little theft deterrent in not so nice areas.

Edit-
Here is a very lengthy explanation. This would be so much easier with our old CJ's.
http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sho...&highlight=ade

of course, a momentary contact switch to the coil would work just as well, if hidden in a locking console. That might be the way I go about it for now.
This is exactly what I am thinking about doing if we ever get any nice weather plus I am going to add a push button to start it.

Has anyone heard of an alarm system that uses a level so that if someone gets in it goes off. My dad told me about it and it seems simple. It would be great for topless days with my stereo sitting out in the open.
Unread 04-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #60
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthawk55 View Post
Pager alarm no horn, key pad indicates tampering up to 2 miles, motion sensor, shock sensor, alarm kills starter, ignition, and electric fuel pump. Relays and alarm mounted on the inside of the firewall not accessable with out dash removal. And if all that fails my Glock 10mm is the back-up.
I would like to know more about your system. So you get a page if someone messes with your Jeep? Does that include if the shock or motion sensors go off? I would rather be notified than some guy in india who has to call the police. Whenever I am out in the Jeep I am not far from it and I would love to respond with 12 rounds of .40 caliber or if I can ever get my debit card back from the wife after this jeep project my new .45 Kimber Covert.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.