need help will not idle?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > need help will not idle??

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-27-2002, 07:33 PM   #1
DIXIE

need help will not idle??

I recently had a new carb put on my 85 CJ-7. It has idled fine for the last couple of months, however the last few days it will not stay running when I stop and the engine returns to idle speed. Any suggestions???

DIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Re: need help will not idle??

Quote:
Originally posted by DIXIE
I recently had a new carb put on my 85 CJ-7. It has idled fine for the last couple of months, however the last few days it will not stay running when I stop and the engine returns to idle speed. Any suggestions???
Sounds like a vacuum leak has developed - check the bolts that hold the carb on - also check ALL 48' of vacuum lines!

It is not uncommon for the carb bolts to work loose after the initial torqueing.
Unread 08-28-2002, 09:27 PM   #3
Bryan L.

rough idle

What kind of carb is it? Try this list of things.fuel might be bad, vaccum leak, line collasping, filter pluged up, fuel pump maybe going out.
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.