Need help with wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need help with wheels

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-27-2002, 07:50 PM   #1
Travis

Need help with wheels

Does anyone know what ford wheels fit the 76 cj-5? They would have to be off of a truck with lock outs wouldn't they? I have seen some wheels that fit only 4x4 or only 2 wheel drives but I do not fully understand the concept. If there is a list somewhere that shows all the factory wheels I can use on my cj I would appreciate it.

My first post. Great Site. just what I have been looking for.

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 08:56 PM   #2
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

I don't know what look you are going for, but to "me" this is the best looking thing on the market. Of course, I don't think the words Jeep and Chrome belong in the same sentence... :-)
http://www.wheelsforless.com/images/Aar-767.jpg

That is a photo of an American Racing wheel, model # 767. I personally like them better withOUT the "cheap" looking center caps. I have a set of 16x8 on my HUGE 3/4ton 4x4 Diesel Suburban and folks are always complementing me on the "mean" look of the monster. I am putting a set of 15x7 on my newly acquired 1986 CJ-7!

Bruce
HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 09:04 PM   #3
Travis

I don't care if they are chrome or not. I want to know what factory wheels fit though. No aftermarket wheels. I have the white wagon wheels on it right now but I don't like them. I was just wondering if there was a site that listed all the factory bolt patterns that were the same. I'm looking more for factory wheels because I can probly pick a set of them up pretty cheap. Depending on which truck they fit.
Unread 02-27-2002, 09:59 PM   #4
Cophgnsnuf

ok here it is goto some search engine like google and type in american racing wheels or some other brand you want they will give you all the patterens you need.. I too run the black ar 767 with 15x10 for my 36s I paid 54 dollars per wheel brand new I mean how cheap you looking to go?
Unread 02-27-2002, 11:10 PM   #5
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

I could be wrong, but I don't think you are going to find any. While the bolt pattern is the same(as 1/2 ton) the diameter of the inside hole is smaller on the stock Ford.As highcountry said, you might try an aftermarket company,perhaps they have a stock style wheel for a good price.PS Scouts and 1/2 ton Internationals(5 bolt) with externial hubs will fit.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2002, 08:52 AM   #6
Travis

So none of you guys are using wheels from another factory? I have friends that work and own in garages, junk yards, auto shops, etc... So when I say cheap I mean almost free. So if wheels off of another car fit then I could get them alot cheaper then ordering aftermarket. I had heard that ranger and Samuria wheels fit. Just figured I would check with you guys. You all are bound to know more than me. This is my first Jeep. Thanx 4 the help.
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:42 AM   #7
Travis

FOUND IT!. http://www.skperformance.com/5_lug_b...%20139.7%20mm.

Now my question is. Can I use the 15" wheels off of any listed under the 5 1/2 pattern or do they have to be off of a 4X4? I would expect they would have to be off of a 4X4 with lock outs right?
Unread 02-28-2002, 07:34 PM   #8
RickCJ7

With external front hubs like your CJ.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.