need help Identifying what clutch i have - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > need help Identifying what clutch i have

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
ivansdad
1977 CJ7 

need help Identifying what clutch i have

OK, order my new clutch kit, dropped the transmission and transfer case, pulled the old clutch off.....and start to inspect and the new one is different. My Jeep's PO installed a ford 302 v8 in it. can anyone identify this clutch by my pictures so i can go get the right parts, thanks

clutch1.jpg   clutch2.jpg  
ivansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
texasdave

1980 CJ7 

What year is the engine? You mate the clutch to the engine So if you know the year you could tell the parts store you want a clutch kit for a Ford truck with a 302.
texasdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
ivansdad
1977 CJ7 

After 4 hours of looking at ford clutchs, found it.. 1977 ford bronco HD
ivansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
What year is the engine? You mate the clutch to the engine So if you know the year you could tell the parts store you want a clutch kit for a Ford truck with a 302.
Yes and no to matching it to the engine. The clutch disc does have to fit the input shaft of the transmission correctly also.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.