Need help with hard starting CJ-5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need help with hard starting CJ-5

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
AJ075
1975 CJ5 

Need help with hard starting CJ-5

I have a 75 CJ-5 with a 304 (Edelbrock 1406 carb with Edelbrock intake, stock style fuel lines, tank, etc). If the Jeep has been sitting for any length of time (even a few hours) starts take a long time. The engine cranks and may run for a second, but then needs to be cranked several times for a long time. Once it starts it runs well. It seems like the fuel system is loosing its prime and it takes a lot of cranking to get fuel back to the carb. Any suggestions? I am thinking about a new fuel pump since it is a cheap and easy way to start, but want to make sure I'm not missing something...Thanks.

AJ075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.