Need Help Finding Part: Vacuum Advance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need Help Finding Part: Vacuum Advance

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 12-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
iluvcowjuice
1979 CJ7 

Need Help Finding Part: Vacuum Advance

I have a vacuum leak in my system and I've isolated it to the diaphram in the vacuum advance on the distributor, but have had no luck locating one. The only replacement I've found is at autozone and is out of stock. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...mString=search

It's the stock distributor out of a 1991 wagoneer with a 360.

Any ideas or does anyone have one laying around?

iluvcowjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Centerfire

1986 CJ7 

How about this one?
Centerfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
iluvcowjuice
1979 CJ7 

None of those fit. I found two places that had them in the system but couldn't get them. I ended up buying a new distributor and just taking that off. It was $45 but I wanted to drive so totally worth it.
iluvcowjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

I found some on E-bay a while back...
Most of what you find at the parts sores will be for Ford, so they won't fit correctly. (Wrong distributor rotation).

You do know a replacement rebuilt distributor is about $50 and you get new everything important...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.