Need help with chrome headlight bezel screw - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need help with chrome headlight bezel screw

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Need help with chrome headlight bezel screw

I purchased new CJ repro chrome headlight bezels from Morris 4X4, and I'm missing the one screw that attaches at the bottoms of the bezels. The slot where the screw head goes down through the bezel is quite small, and appears it would need a screw with a smaller than normal head. Does anyone know where I can get proper size screws that will fit?

Unread 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

I used some stainless oval head screws from the local hardware store. Don't remember the size.
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I picked up some 8-32 socket head Allen bolts and two 8-32 speed nuts. I was hoping that the smaller head diameter would fit in that small slot, and my hopes were realized. Perfect fit!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.