Need help with 84 CJ7 vacuum hoses!!!! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need help with 84 CJ7 vacuum hoses!!!!

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 02-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #76
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuggins08 View Post
Yes it seems that I need y'all to hold my hands but I have no clue what the hell im doing so my bad if it seems that way
Chug,

I don't want to discourage you. My point is, you'll be more productive, and make better use of the knowledge here, if you at least make the effort to crack a manual open. Or, at least review the Sprynet website we linked to earlier.

The forum doesn't exist to explain what a electric choke is, or looks like, or how it operates. Those are basics that any shade-tree mechanic should understand before attempting the mods that you are doing, IMO. This a technical forum, not a high school auto shop class.

I'm sorry to be harsh, but at this point I sense that you are flailing willy-nilly style, hoping to stumble upon the magic bullet that will solve your problems, without any basic understanding of what you are doing.

Matt

Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #77
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

Ok first of all, I have a damn Haynes manual. Second, yes I have looked through all of the manual including the diagrams for the wiring. Third, yes I know this is not a high school auto class but all im trying to do is get some guidance here, no reason to go hostile on me
Chuggins08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #78
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuggins08 View Post
Ok first of all, I have a damn Haynes manual. Second, yes I have looked through all of the manual including the diagrams for the wiring. Third, yes I know this is not a high school auto class but all im trying to do is get some guidance here, no reason to go hostile on me
well said... the Haynes manual does leave a lot to the imagination doesn't it.. I have it and the chiltons, and I still refer back to the good ol FSM, which if you'd like I'll send you a copy of.. its way to big of a file to try to email it, unless I send it to you in sections.. at any rate, just overlook some of the crankiness, try to see through the mud, and most of these guys will bend over to help.. some have done most of this stuff so many times, they don't have patience enough to bare with people.. it'll work out, and you'll sit back and laugh when you find it.. let me know on the FSM.. you can PM me with an email and I can try section at a time if you want, or mail you a copy.. wayne
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #79
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

My apologies.

I'll bow out of this because my patience level is poor, this morning, and I'm not helping.

BTW, I constantly refer to my Haynes manual for answers. Heck, the engine overhaul pages of my manual are almost worn out from use. No, it's not as complete as the FSM, but I find it much easier to use for most tasks.

Good luck,

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #80
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post

Chug,

I don't want to discourage you. My point is, you'll be more productive, and make better use of the knowledge here, if you at least make the effort to crack a manual open. Or, at least review the Sprynet website we linked to earlier.

The forum doesn't exist to explain what a electric choke is, or looks like, or how it operates. Those are basics that any shade-tree mechanic should understand before attempting the mods that you are doing, IMO. This a technical forum, not a high school auto shop class.

I'm sorry to be harsh, but at this point I sense that you are flailing willy-nilly style, hoping to stumble upon the magic bullet that will solve your problems, without any basic understanding of what you are doing.

Matt
Im not trying to magically solve all of my problems, im trying to cross off things that could be my problem and the choke is one of those things
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #81
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
My apologies.

I'll bow out of this because my patience level is poor, this morning, and I'm not helping.

Good luck,

Matt
stick around Matt, your knowledge is still very valuable, just kick it in a lower gear and ride the wave.. we all appreciate everyones input, but, not everyone has "all" the knowledge or patience to teach.. its easy to fix, but harder to teach to fix.. otherwise, hell, we'd all be TEACHERS, heaven forbid!..
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #82
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuggins08

Im not trying to magically solve all of my problems, im trying to cross off things that could be my problem and the choke is one of those things
Good plan.

Nothing is going to work on a cold engine until we get that choke working.

Have you ever had it running long enough to warm up the engine?

John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #83
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

Not really, if u get lucky and hit the throttle over and over it may stay running for a few more seconds
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #84
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

would it just be better to convert it into a manual choke, wont this solve this whole headache of finding the correct wires to power the e-choke?
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #85
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Yep it would. Just got to learn how to use a mechanical choke.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #86
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

Right. I mean I have them on my ATV and machinery at work so im sure its similar
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #87
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

how's that Jeep FSM coming along? the last one is 36mb, so its a bugger to send.. trying now, may have to find an alternative method to get it to you.. anyone have a clue how to send a large file over the internet to an email address? everything I've tried has failed..
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #88
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

thanks for sending them through. Havent got a chance to look at them yet, i will go through them later this afternoon after im done doing some tub work.
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #89
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

they are all worth keeping handy, but the most important one is this last one that's so big I can't email it.. until I figure a way.. or pm me an address and I'll just send you a CD with it all on it..
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #90
Chuggins08
1984 CJ7 

Yeah im going to download them to my computer and a hard drive so i will have them anywhere I go.

Tags
258 , cj , cj7 , inline 6 , jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.