Need guidance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need guidance

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
LEHCPA
1974 CJ5 

Need guidance

I recently purchased this Jeep CJ5:

The title says it is a 1974 model which agrees to the VIN lookup. However it has characteristics that I associate with a '76 and later model. Mainly the steering is more modern with a sporty wheel and the key switch on the column eveN though the key is still in the dash. The jeep came without a gas tank under the back. It has a fuel cell type in the back. So I ordered a tank and then realized that it had no gas spout. Not even a cutout where it should be below the passenger side taillight. I have ordered the appropriate hardware and guess I will have a body shop cut out for installation.

Other items that I've noticed:

1. Windshield is released to fold down with screw type release rather then the buckle type.

2. Windshield motor is on the insiders then than on the outside.

3. The passenger seat rolls forward rather than flipping. Also, there is no toolbox under the seat.

I have made these observations by comparing my jeep to my brother's '72 model. If anyone has any thoughts I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks.

LEHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
mashunitjeep
1972 CJ5 

you might have a later produced model or the windshield been swaped alot of peeps swap the windshield for the later tops to fit early 74 have a tool box under seat buckle windshield and the motor should be on the lower driver outside wats ur dash look like?
mashunitjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
It seems any Jeep of these ages have been altered to one degree or another by now. Now and then someone will post pic of an untouched '70's CJ, but not often.
turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.