Need to find full CJ7 fiberglass doors. Does anyone know where to find them? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need to find full CJ7 fiberglass doors. Does anyone know where to find them?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
skidplate77
1977 CJ7 

Need to find full CJ7 fiberglass doors. Does anyone know where to find them?

Hi All - I have been looking on E-Bay, Craigslist, etc. for some full FIBERGLASS doors for my CJ7. I haven't had any luck for some time now. The doors I'd like are what I have pictured. Are there any companies that make these? Maybe I can get a new set? That would be great. I don't want the steel doors because I don't want to put them on my fiberglass body. I'd appreciate any information on where to find these... Thanks again...

acme-fiberglass-doors.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

THose are Acme doors.

I got a set for a CJ7 just like that without the lower window.
cj7acmedoors.jpg   cj7acmedoorsinside.jpg  
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
skidplate77
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
THose are Acme doors.

I got a set for a CJ7 just like that without the lower window.
Ok, Thanks... One step closer... Now, where can I get a set? Are they still in business??
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Matt_G
1979 CJ5 

the doors you pictured are for a CJ5, are you sure you want CJ7 doors? also i've found that when searching for jeep parts you have to include both "CJ7" and "CJ-7" to get maximum results
Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidplate77 View Post
Ok, now where can I get a set? Are they still in business??
Unfortunately no, They are not but I think there is some company trying to duplicate them.

By the way, those are CJ5 doors you are showing in your post.

You could buy mine, I don't have a CJ7. But you would have to pick them up.
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
skidplate77
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
the doors you pictured are for a CJ5, are you sure you want CJ7 doors? also i've found that when searching for jeep parts you have to include both "CJ7" and "CJ-7" to get maximum results
Yes I need CJ-7 doors... I just slapped up some photo I had of CJ fiberglass doors that I got from somewhere...
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
skidplate77
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Unfortunately no, They are not but I think there is some company trying to duplicate them.

By the way, those are CJ5 doors you are showing in your post.

You could buy mine, I don't have a CJ7. But you would have to pick them up.
I looked at your photo, John, and the locking machanism is not a flat plate like they have on the older CJ's. I don't want to use the "door striker pin" type of door latch. I want to get the flat plate / door edge type that will accomodate my striker plates...
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

That was the way Acme made them. Maybe another manufacturer will have a fiberglass door like you want. Have you checked Besttop Hardtops? I bet you'll have to make some mods when you find a set. I think someone here modified a CJ5 doors to use a flat striker. Look at various slam latches for cabs. Maybe one will fit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.