Need a column shifter knob. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need a column shifter knob.

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
TennesseeD
1978 CJ7 

Need a column shifter knob.

Hello. My name is Duane. I live in Chattanooga TN.This is my 1st. post. I am in the process of restoring a 1978 CJ7. This CJ has a 304 V8 with auto transmissioin. The mounted shifter knob is broken. Does anyone have an idea of where I can purchase a jeep knob, or is a common knob I can find on another vehicle? Thanks for any help you can give.

TennesseeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
retrofit9
1979 CJ7 

The Jeep columns are the same columns in 1970's and 1980's chevy's and alot of other GM vehicle's. If you have a junk yard close or a good auto parts store you should have no problem locating one. Brian
retrofit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
CSP

Look in the "Help" section at your local auto parts store. GM columns were used in CJ's starting in '76
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.