Need CJ8 Fender Flare Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need CJ8 Fender Flare Advice

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-06-2002, 12:22 AM   #1
JAX

Need CJ8 Fender Flare Advice

I've just upgraded my axles, and now need to install wider Fender Flares. The only set I'm aware of that are so called made for CJ8's are from Xenon. I like their product, however, their set uses 5 inch wide CJ front flares mated up to 6.5 inch wide YJ rear flares. That much of a mismatch in width is unacceptable. I've been told to pair up a set of front CJ flares with a set of rear TJ flares. Does anyone out there have any experience with this modification and/or have any recomendations as to what other brand is available to buy as a mixmatched set? Ideally I'd like to go with a 5.5 inch wide set, but could get away with 5 (min) to 6 inches (max). I'd sure like to hear back from someone who has already gone through this drill. Thanx, Jax

Unread 06-06-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
pontiac58
1980 CJ7 

I havent mess with cj8 yet. But my suggestion. Get some TJ flares all around and make some flat fenders out of the front fenders. Check out <a href="http://www.samsoffroad.com" target="_blank">www.samsoffroad.com</a> On there CJ they did a great job cutting the front fenders. I also have pics of my bro in laws front fenders that i cut with the bushwacker flattop flares.
pontiac58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.