Need a body mount measurement on frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need a body mount measurement on frame

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Dborns
1984 CJ7 

Need a body mount measurement on frame

I'm needing the body mount measurements for the rear crossmember thats just in front of the gas tank. The two original holes were eaten away, so I had a few pieces of stock welded back in, and can't find the exact measurements anywhere. I measured where the captured nuts are in the tub, but those didn't land very close to where the original holes were.
If anyone has their tub off, and can take a measurement, I need from the top, front of the crossmember, back to the middle of the hole, and then from the side of the frame to the middle of the hole.
Thanks

img_1389.jpg

img_1390.jpg

Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

You should always measure from a centerline. Find the middle of the frame at each end and use a chalk line to mark center on the entire length. Much more accurate that way.

They should be 31.26" apart or 794mm. (15.625" or 15-5/8" from centerline)

Look at 'K' in the frame drawing below for body mount #5.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
Dborns
1984 CJ7 

I really wanted to get the tub back on the frame, so I could move onto the next project, so I didn't cut the holes for these mounts yet. My plan is to install the other body mounts so I know that everything is lined up, then I can work from under the frame and drill the holes. With the tub up off the frame the width of the rubber mounts, I'll have enough room to be able to see the bolts in the tub, and drill up from underneath the frame. The measurement of 31.26 you put in post #2 helps also, thanks!
Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.