need air filter help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > need air filter help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 02-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
dawgs30814
1982 CJ7 

need air filter help

I have a new carter 2-912 carburetor w/o electronic feedback. I need to know where to find the piece that goes on top of the carburetor to mount the air filter. Its shaped like a upside down U and has a bolt in the middle on top and clips in to the top of the carb.

Thanks

dawgs30814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

I have seen some decent homemade ones (posted in this forum) where they used coat hanger and just did one wrap around a bolt with a touch of bronze or weld on the bolt to hanger joint. With a nice tight wrap, even a couple washers and nuts with loctite could capture the hanger wire to hold the bolt in the center I would think.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.