Need advice running 3 fuel lines & brake line on driver side frame rail... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Need advice running 3 fuel lines & brake line on driver side frame rail...

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Aaroneous
1983 CJ7 

Need advice running 3 fuel lines & brake line on driver side frame rail...

I got my issues straightened out with inlinetube.com and I have all the right lines now. 3/8" send, and 5/16" return and vapor lines.

My CJ is an '83, so from the factory it had the fuel send line on the passenger side like most CJs, but I ordered a fuel line for a CJ with a factory 304, and I remembered after it got here that stock CJs with a 304 had the fuel send line on the drivers side. I'm a little nervous about proximity to the exhaust, but I can always put together a heat shield if I need to, I guess.

Has anyone tackled this on a rebuild that has a clever solution for bundling the fuel lines and attaching them to the frame? It's a little crowded over there... A pic would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

Here's the current mess:

I've got some of these insulated clips (left) to attach a single line to the frame. Should I use a bunch of the "s" shaped clips to attach the lines to each other? Is that enough?

Unread 08-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
ctm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You could look at pics of a YJ, they had all the lines on drivers side, and an OEM hard line that looped under the engine over to the fuel pump. that is why the CJ setup is better, but if need be you could follow the YJ setup.
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Aaroneous
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctm View Post
You could look at pics of a YJ, they had all the lines on drivers side, and an OEM hard line that looped under the engine over to the fuel pump. that is why the CJ setup is better, but if need be you could follow the YJ setup.
Thanks for the tip on looking at YJ routing. That was really helpful... I found this:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...ml#post9738563

Any idea where the best place is to look for those line clips?
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
ctm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...ainers-780361/
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Aaroneous
1983 CJ7 

Here's what I ended up doing. I used the insulated single line clips I had to attach everything on the drivers side... It's not beautiful, but it is all secure and it works for my purposes. I hope the e-brake cable will pass normally.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.