need advice installing hard door glass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > need advice installing hard door glass

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
jeffsmanyjeeps
1973 C104 

need advice installing hard door glass

After the insane neighbor smashed 2 cj widows, my commando windshield, and 2 bay windows on my property, i am now on the final replacement job...

CAN Ya tell me how to get the operational wing window and track back into the door with the glass down in its spot?? I cannot get it all the way down into the door. Trying to finesse it, not be a bull in the China shop

All old glass is out of all the tracks, and it's cranked all the way down. New glass is loosely bolted to slider. The weatherstrips are out. Thankx!

psycho-1.jpg   psycho-2.jpg  
Unread 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
FamousJerry
1985 CJ7 

Click this link, its a full door refurbish, should answer your questions.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ga...2/index67.html
FamousJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

^^^Edit: what FamousJerry said, basically ^^^

Is your neighbor six feet under now?

Check out this thread for door repair help: JScherb's gaucho build - door section

You may need to get at it that much to finish what it is you're trying to do.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.