Neat way to remove indicator lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Neat way to remove indicator lights

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
wsmutch
1986 CJ7 

Neat way to remove indicator lights

I came up with what I think is a neat way to remove the rectangular indicator lights on the dash I thought I'd share. If you don't want to remove dash. I took two thin bladed butter knifes. I very gently worked the blades under the bottom and top. Then I pressed gently top and bottom and twisted the knifes to pry the fixture out enough to clear the catches then they are easy to work out with your fingers. Not one of the old lights broke. Also, to clean the spade wire connectors, I bought a set of cheap dollar store metal finger nail files. I used a pair of tin snips to cut the end flat and make the file narrow enough to fit inside the connector. When the abrasive got worn I just sniped off a quarter of an inch or so and cleaned some more. I had a whole new set in in an hour.

wsmutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Nice tips!!

I've got one indicator that just went out a few days ago. I'll have to give your technique a shot.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.