Namdoorgunner - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-15-2017, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Namdoorgunner
1965 CJ5 

Cj Namdoorgunner

I just recently purchased a 1965 CJ5 with a Buick v-6 - I want to do a lot of things with it but I haven't owned a CJ5 since 1972 and am having difficulties in finding the type of parts that I want to put in it - I want to start with a power steering kit for it and later maybe a 4-speed xmsn - I know that back in the day, several manufactures made steering kits, replacement axle housings, and other bolt on stuff for CJ5's - can anyone steer me in the right direction for these kind of parts? Most Jeep sales are for newer Jeeps and I want new technology replacement parts for these older Jeeps - am I asking for the impossible?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2017, 05:38 AM
gmakra1

Welcome, tough job you had.
Take a look at Quadratec on line they have some parts.
CJ 5 seem to be disappearing pretty quickly but there are a few old timers here that may have some stuff stashed away.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2017, 08:19 AM
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Garage
When I was in the Grunts, I had a couple of chances to ride in a slick, both times in your seat, what a thrill.

If you know what you're looking for as far as brand quality and so forth I've used the aforementioned Quadratec EBay and ACME but the best service I ever found was the local Jeep parts/wrecking yard, Mac's Jeeparts. He even had three FC's if I remember right. Mac passed away and the shop closed, now I'm looking for another local outfit.

The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep
We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch)
Record heat waves and floods only occur when we visit that area

post #4 of 5 Old 06-16-2017, 09:11 AM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

Check KaiserWillys.com for 1971 and earlier Jeep parts. Get a catalogue. It has a great visual guide for recognizing the older CJ variants.

Thanks for your service--especially from us old GIs who loved to hear the sound of an M60 from an H1.

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!
post #5 of 5 Old 06-16-2017, 12:51 PM
uptillnow

Welcome home!
71-72 101rst Airborne forward observer, you guys saved my sorry azz more than once in hot LZ's.
Thank you for your service and dedication.
UPTILLNOW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.